How far in advance do I need to book my session?
That’s going to depend on a few things:
- what product(s) are you getting (different products and labs have different production and shipping times)
- are we coming up on a major holiday? (near major holidays my workload is larger, lab production times get longer, and sometimes shipping takes longer)
- are you willing to pay a rush fee? (most of the labs I deal with will put you at the head of the production line for a rush fee, and I’m happy to do the same; there’s also the option for overnight or second-day air delivery from the lab)
If you don’t want to pay rush fees, it’s usually best to book at least 4-6 weeks before you need physical products.
Digital orders can be turned around much more quickly, and can be delivered in 2 weeks without rush fees (may require additional time near major holidays).
If you’re a last-minute type of shopper, don’t worry: I AM happy to do very last-minute sessions as long as my schedule allows! Give me a call and we can discuss how to make it happen for you, no matter how short your deadline.
Do you have a studio?
No, I don’t have a studio (and you don’t want me to…). I’m inspired and energized by new locations. When I’m inspired and energized, I get excited. When I get excited we have a lot of fun. When we have a lot of fun we get amazing photos. We want amazing photos, so….
Where will my session took place?
We can do your boudoir session pretty much wherever you want to, as long as it’s someplace we’re allowed to be. The majority of my clients choose to have me come to their home (my sister says, “he’ll never look at the kitchen counter the same way again!”), but that’s just one option of many.
A few of the places we’ve used when a client didn’t want to use her home:
- hotel room/suite (you can tell me where you’ve booked, or ask me for recommendations)
- B&B (during slow times we sometimes end up with the run of the place, instead of having to stay in one room)
- friend’s home (yours OR mine!)
- private home rented through AirBnB (soooo many gorgeous, unique places we could use! You can rent one and send me the address, or ask for my input—I have a wish list….)
- wooded areas (by their nature they’re fairly private, and there are lots of them all over the DFW metroplex)
- secluded fields (I know of several, or you can bring me to one that you know of)
- bars/restaurants (I’ve gotten access outside of business hours in the past, and it’s definitely within the realm of possibility for that to happen again.)
What about hair and make up? Do I have to have them done? Can I do my own? Do I have to use your stylists?
You don’t have to have your hair and makeup done if you don’t want to—I’m more than happy to shoot you barefaced if you want me to—but if having them done will help you feel more confident, it’s definitely a good idea to have them done.
As for using my stylists vs others: I use the stylists that I use because I know they know how to do makeup that will look good on camera. If you have someone that you trust to do your face and/or hair before a photo session that you’re spending so much money on, please feel free to use them instead, even if that person is you. (But please be aware that if extra editing is required because of makeup/hair styling done by somebody else, there will be an additional charge for that editing.)
What is a shoot like?
When you book a boudoir session with me, my number one goal is to create an environment where you can be you. That’s why, when we’re planning your boudoir session, you choose where we shoot. You choose what you wear. You bring me poses you want to try, music you want to listen to. My shoots are not scripted, and I don’t have a set of poses that I use for everyone. I take my cues from you.
What worked for another client won’t necessarily work for you. But as I get to know you, I’ll find what what DOES work for you. (And I WILL get to know you. There’s a reason I’ve become friends with so many of my clients.)
How much is this going to cost?
Short answer: As much as you want to spend, but the majority of my clients go with one of my packages, which range from $795 – $5000 (+tax). You can see my packages on my Investment page.
Honestly, I have options for everyone.
If none of my packages are quite right, let me know your budget and what you’re wanting the end result to be (album? prints? a calendar? wall art? something else??) and we’ll customize a package just for you.
If even my smallest package is out of your reach right now, I also do boudoir parties at least once per year—still private sessions, but all back-to-back in one location—and those packages are much more affordable. Or, if you’d rather wait until you can do a full session on your own, we can set up a payment plan that works for you to make sure it happens.
What’s included in the price?
All of my packages include:
- Professional makeup applied on-location, just before your photo shoot
- Professional hair styling done on-location, just before your photo shoot (excluding Charmed package)
- Photo shoot (time does not start until after hair and makeup are finished)
- Posing and expression guidance/coaching as needed throughout your shoot
- Custom-designed flush mount, lay-flat photo album with twenty pages (size determined by your package; Bewitched and Spellbound packages include a second album for gifting)
- digital web-sized versions of all purchased images (including album selections!)
Packages and prices can be seen on my Investment page.
What areas do you shoot in?
I have a question that isn’t answered here….
No problem! Tell me what your question is and I’ll answer as quickly as I possibly can!
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Inquiry from Spellbound Boudoir website’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]